Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B 221g- Green Slip from Mumbai consulate...!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 221g- Green Slip from Mumbai consulate...!!

Hello,
    say
    I just came back from the US consulate here in Mumbai after my interview, the visa officer asked me to send a list of documents through email. Now, the list goes as follows:

1. Invitation letter: An invitation letter from the sponsoring organization in the US. (For F1 to H1 transfer cases is this same as the employment verification letter?)

2. Resume: A detailed resume and three professional references (I assumed that this is general resume and references that we use for job applications, correct?)

3. Research: A complete and detailed description of any research you intend to conduct in the US and all past and current research you have conducted.(I have not conducted any published research for my masters, So, is it okay if I say Not Applicable?)

4. Purpose: A detailed statement of the purpose of your visit (Is my employment verification letter enough for this?)

Rest of the questions, I think I can answer. Can anyone help me providing answers to the questions mentioned in the bracket?

Also, it says that all the information needs to be in a word document, does that mean a single document or a zipped filed containing all the different word documents?

Thank you so much for your help.
    Sincerely,
    Jay.

Hi jay,
    Sorry to hear that you received a 221G
    I been asked for same docs in 2011 from New Delhi consulate when I went for stamping.
    So answer to your 3) & 4) questions; both docs I made and signed. The other two questions I don't recall but I will double check and try to answer you soon.
    3) Purpose: this document should say why u want to go to us and what you will be doing there.
    4) Research: this document should say that you are not performing and have no intention doing any research in future if you are not going to do in future.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,
    Kal

Note : This is not a legal advice.

Comment

Hi Jay,
      I am in the similar situation like yours. I have submitted my documents to the email provided. Have you submitted your documents? Also after submitting did you receive any email from them for acknowledgement of documents received? Please let me know about it. I am worried.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Maxy,

When I was in that situation back in 2011, I did sent all documents via email but never got response back from them so I assume you will not receive any email but if they need anything then you may receive an email or call from them because whatever documents I sent they were unable to open with their pdf reader so they called me and ask me to resent in word format.

hope this helps you.

regards,
        Kal.

Comment

Response to green slip

Hi.

I submitted 10 different files - Cover letter (probably unnecessary), Scanned PDF company invitation letter and a document each for each topic asked.

I did this in 2012 and I got the response in 3 weeks, exact. I got the green slip again on 4th Dec 14th, submitted the docs in same format on 5th and am still waiting for response.

I would recommend wasting minimum time before submitting the docs as it looks like they are taking long time to process. May be it is because of the holiday season that just passed. Not sure.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Jay Desai View Post
          Hello,
          say
          I just came back from the US consulate here in Mumbai after my interview, the visa officer asked me to send a list of documents through email. Now, the list goes as follows:

1. Invitation letter: An invitation letter from the sponsoring organization in the US. (For F1 to H1 transfer cases is this same as the employment verification letter?)

2. Resume: A detailed resume and three professional references (I assumed that this is general resume and references that we use for job applications, correct?)

3. Research: A complete and detailed description of any research you intend to conduct in the US and all past and current research you have conducted.(I have not conducted any published research for my masters, So, is it okay if I say Not Applicable?)

4. Purpose: A detailed statement of the purpose of your visit (Is my employment verification letter enough for this?)

Rest of the questions, I think I can answer. Can anyone help me providing answers to the questions mentioned in the bracket?

Also, it says that all the information needs to be in a word document, does that mean a single document or a zipped filed containing all the different word documents?

Thank you so much for your help.
          Sincerely,
          Jay.
          - - - Updated - - -

Hi.

I am waiting for a response to by 221(g) (green slip) and I did receive a response. If you are not able to get a response via phone contact, try CEAC website. You will know if your documents were received based on status message.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Originally posted by maxy_spy View Post
          Hi Jay,
          I am in the similar situation like yours. I have submitted my documents to the email provided. Have you submitted your documents? Also after submitting did you receive any email from them for acknowledgement of documents received? Please let me know about it. I am worried.

Thank you

Comment

221(g) Tracker

Hi @Jay Desai

I'm kind of in the same boat as you are. I got the 221(g) on January 6th, 2015 at Mumbai U.S. Consulate.

Can you please add your case to the tracker here: http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

This will help us benefit from your case updates.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

221g Biotech

Originally posted by maxy_spy View Post
              Hi Jay,

Thank you

I got a 221g (Invitation, Resume, Research......) on Dec. 24th in Mumbai. I got no confirmation after I sent my docs. I contacted [email protected]. They got back to me the next day saying the documents have been received by the consulate. You might want to do the same thing.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X