Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married to Indian Citizen in the US. Want to go for H1B stamping

Hi All,

I got married in the US less than a year ago. My spouse is an Indian Citizen as well. We both have H1B visas. I'm planning to go to India this year and was wondering:
    1. Does being married in the US change anything for me with respect to the visa stamping? Do I need any additional documents aside from the marriage certificate?
    2. How do I pick the consular district for my region if I'm married in the US?

Thanks!

Originally posted by ShiroRao View Post
    Hi All,

I got married in the US less than a year ago. My spouse is an Indian Citizen as well. We both have H1B visas. I'm planning to go to India this year and was wondering:
    1. Does being married in the US change anything for me with respect to the visa stamping? Do I need any additional documents aside from the marriage certificate?
    2. How do I pick the consular district for my region if I'm married in the US?

Thanks!
    1. Dont think so.
    2. Marriage has got nothing to do with your consular district. The place where you are staying while in India will determine the Consulate options, even then you can change the consulate to a one which is convenient to you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X