Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa expiration and extension

Hi

I work for company X.My H1B got initiated for Client Company A through company X.During visa stamping it was approved till 2016, Sep.Now before I travelled from India, my client was changed to client B and an amendment was raised for change of client and location from A to B, back in May ,2014. After that I travelled to US and have been working in company X for client B.
    Now recently my approval for Amendment came and I see that it has been approved only till 2015,April.This is the first 3 years of H1B.
    So in my passport I have stamped till 2016,Sep
    and Amendment says till 2015,April.

I want to know about the following:
    1. Do my company X has to file extension for H1B , if so, by when?
    2.If I leave company X and join company Y, by when it has to file for transfer of H1B.For example, if it files for transfer in April 2015, do I have to go back India till it gets approved or can I work for company Y, although the amendment said that it is till April 2015.
    3.What is my actual date- the one stamped in passport-Sep, 2016 or that in amendment approval- April, 2015

Any help will be great help.

Thanks,
    Isha

Your legal status is determined by the latest (last received) I-94. I dont know much about amendments but my guess is that it came with a new I-94? If yes, that I-94 determines your legal status.

For everything else check out H1 FAQs:
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X