British passport holder to H4 dependent visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British passport holder to H4 dependent visa

I am an Indian citizen holding Indian passport. Currently I am on H1- B visa (valid till August 2017) working as a Database developer, full-time employee for a company based in San Francisco.

I would be getting married most likely in Dec 2015 or later in India. My fiance is a British citizen holding a UK passport. A UK citizen can visit the US for 90 days without a visa.

I have the following queries:
    1. One option is for her to come with me right after marriage using her passport and then apply for a change of status to H4 dependent visa here in the US with the USCIS center. This would be more preferable for me since she can join me immediately. I wanted to know how safe it is to go this free entry to H4 route and how long would the change of status take? It should ideally take less than 60 days.

2. Or is it advisable for her to go to the second route i.e. apply for a H4 visa either in India or UK and then come here on H4 instead of the tourist visa?

H4 visa for British passport

Hello,

Did you get any info on this? I'm in the same situation and looking for guidance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X