Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel during H1 extension

Hi,

My current H1b is valid until september 2015. However, interestingly enough my stamping is valid only until April 5th.
    I want to travel to india and want to be back before April.

Can I apply for my H1B extension now and then travel while the extension application is in process. Can I come back on the old H1b even though my new extension will be in process.
    What happens if my H1B extension gets approved while I am in india. Will I have to go for stamping even though I have stamping valid till April?

I want to avoid visa interview as much as possible and really have to go to India in March as I always get 221g.

Should I just apply for extension (premium) once I am back? What is the best course of action?

Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you

Originally posted by maxxx View Post
    Hi,

My current H1b is valid until september 2015. However, interestingly enough my stamping is valid only until April 5th.
    I want to travel to india and want to be back before April.

Can I apply for my H1B extension now and then travel while the extension application is in process. Can I come back on the old H1b even though my new extension will be in process.
    What happens if my H1B extension gets approved while I am in india. Will I have to go for stamping even though I have stamping valid till April?

I want to avoid visa interview as much as possible and really have to go to India in March as I always get 221g.

Should I just apply for extension (premium) once I am back? What is the best course of action?

Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you
    Why not apply in premium not itself and get result before you travel?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Why not apply in premium not itself and get result before you travel?
      Thanks Raghvi,
      Will that mean that I will have to go through the stamping again as it is a new approval.
      Or can I come back without going for stamping since my current stamping expires in April?

Comment

Nvm. It seems I cannot apply for extension more than 6 months before my current H1B expires which is in September. So I cannot until March anyways. I will apply once I come back which will be March end. So probably will apply in April.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X