Stamped H1b from Previous employer and approved I797 do I need Re stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamped H1b from Previous employer and approved I797 do I need Re stamping

I have a stamped H1B Visa from a consulting company in US for which I have never worked , I am currently working for a company in india I have transferred my H1b Visa to my current employer in india and have a approved I 797 from my current employer in India and stamped H1B from my previous US employer do I need to get the H1B Restamped before travelling to US or I can enter US using the same previously H1B stamped visa and the approved I 797 from the employer in India.

Originally posted by Vivek Verma View Post
    I have a stamped H1B Visa from a consulting company in US for which I have never worked , I am currently working for a company in india I have transferred my H1b Visa to my current employer in india and have a approved I 797 from my current employer in India and stamped H1B from my previous US employer do I need to get the H1B Restamped before travelling to US or I can enter US using the same previously H1B stamped visa and the approved I 797 from the employer in India.
    It is not necessary but it is always advisable to get a fresh stamping post a change of petitioner. When is the visa expiring?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      It is not necessary but it is always advisable to get a fresh stamping post a change of petitioner. When is the visa expiring?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      The Visa is valid till 2016 but I have never worked for this employer in US

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X