I recently moved to the US on an E - 2 Visa. I am working for a British Company with offices in LA.

Since moving to the US there has been a change of circumstances with my employment meaning I would like to leave the company.

My hope would be to apply to another company in LA and join them with a H-1B visa. I do not want to leave the US and have built up several financial commitments here.

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer an E-2 Visa to a H-1B?