Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to file for H1 to H4 transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to file for H1 to H4 transfer?

Hi,

Today, I got laid off from work. I am currently on H1B. My wife is also working and she is also on H1B. My company has given us time till April 2nd. This means, that I will get paid till April 2nd and will also appear as a full time employee till April 2nd in case someone wants to verify.

However, I am not supposed to do any work starting today. In such a situation where I will be getting paid till April 2 but am not required to do any work, will I still require to transfer from H1 to H4?

Thanks

Originally posted by gmehtaster View Post
    Hi,

Today, I got laid off from work. I am currently on H1B. My wife is also working and she is also on H1B. My company has given us time till April 2nd. This means, that I will get paid till April 2nd and will also appear as a full time employee till April 2nd in case someone wants to verify.

However, I am not supposed to do any work starting today. In such a situation where I will be getting paid till April 2 but am not required to do any work, will I still require to transfer from H1 to H4?

Thanks
    What about after April 2nd?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X