X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card

Hello Every One,

I would require your expertise.

1. Can a person on H1b apply for a GC by contacting the lawyer? If in case the employer does not go ahead with processing the GC.

2. Is there any requirement or such to apply for GC on H1B?

3. What is the Total time taken for getting a GC on H1b if employer is processing the GC?

Any updates is of a great help

Thanks.

Originally posted by don.bosco View Post
    Hello Every One,

I would require your expertise.

1. Can a person on H1b apply for a GC by contacting the lawyer? If in case the employer does not go ahead with processing the GC.

2. Is there any requirement or such to apply for GC on H1B?

3. What is the Total time taken for getting a GC on H1b if employer is processing the GC?

Any updates is of a great help

Thanks.
    GC are generally Family Based or Employment Based. There are self petitioning options but they are generally for individuals with extraordinary ability. There are also investment visas which requires definite plan of investment and employment generation.

http://www.uscis.govhttps://www.immi...-self-petition.

If you dont qualify for Self Petitioning or dont want to go for investment visa or dont have a family member petitioning for you then Employment Based is the only option for you for which you would need an employer to petition for you.
    3. If filing under Employment category. Amount of time will depend upon the Employment Based category and country of birth.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Green card

I applied for GC from h1b through employer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X