F1 17 month OPT to H1B - Need Help with Resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 17 month OPT to H1B - Need Help with Resume

I joined a consultancy to remain in status and I left the consultancy firm without getting a job. (was with the consultancy for 7 months. I did not want to pump up my resume). After being with the consultancy for 7 months I joined company A (job in my field of study) and got my 17-month extension using the new employer's e-verify. So my most recent I-20 has the name of company A. I switched to company B a few months back and this company B will be applying for my H1 this year.

I have timely reported all the start dates with each and every employer (including the consultancy) to my university.

My questions:

1. As I did not really work for any client through the consultancy, do I still have to put it on the resume that I will be submitting for H1.

2. Is it possible that if I don't put the consultancy on my resume I might get an RFE for employment verification during 12 month OPT? (Its a concern because I am sure the consultancy is not going to cooperate to give me a letter with start and end dates and also it was not related to my field of study)

3. Do I have to enter the name of the consultancy as one of my employer on the DS-160 when I go for the visa Interview.

Please advise
    Thank You

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X