Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping after H1 Transfer - Expired Visa - Urgent Help

Hi,

I was on H1 with company A and my wife on H4 and we both had stamped visa till Dec 2013. After Dec 2013 we both got our extensions approved by company A. Recently in Nov 2014 i changed my employer to Company B. We applied in premium and both Me and wife got new i979A valid upto June 2017

Now my wife is travelling alone to India due to personal reasons.

1. I want to know can she go for stamping alone without me after changing employer? I dont have stamped visa yet with new employer
    2. Does she needs to carry her(H4) i979A copy of company A extension as well?
    3. Will there be any questions about H1 transfer?

Need your answers

Originally posted by subramaniam1986 View Post
    Hi,

I was on H1 with company A and my wife on H4 and we both had stamped visa till Dec 2013. After Dec 2013 we both got our extensions approved by company A. Recently in Nov 2014 i changed my employer to Company B. We applied in premium and both Me and wife got new i979A valid upto June 2017

Now my wife is travelling alone to India due to personal reasons.

1. I want to know can she go for stamping alone without me after changing employer? I dont have stamped visa yet with new employer
    2. Does she needs to carry her(H4) i979A copy of company A extension as well?
    3. Will there be any questions about H1 transfer?

Need your answers
    1. Technically she can , but there have been rare cases when employer employee relationship is not clearly established that the visa officer insisted that primary applicant be also present.
    2. Its not 979 its I797. She need carry your I797. No harm in carrying her own H4 I797 too, its just one additional document.
    3. May be may be not. Generally not, if large employer or employer employee relationship does not raise red flags.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I797 - Is it Copy?

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Technically she can , but there have been rare cases when employer employee relationship is not clearly established that the visa officer insisted that primary applicant be also present.
      2. Its not 979 its I797. She need carry your I797. No harm in carrying her own H4 I797 too, its just one additional document.
      3. May be may be not. Generally not, if large employer or employer employee relationship does not raise red flags.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi,

Thanks for reply. How can i give my I797 ? do you mean a copy? I am not travelling with her and so i will be requiring the original i797 with me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X