Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel outside the US while my H4 to H1 conversion is in progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel outside the US while my H4 to H1 conversion is in progress?

Currently I am on H-4 and residing in US and will be filing H-1B (for change of status) on April 1st 2015 through sponsoring company . I plan to go to India from during Apr 2015, which is during the time my H-1B application is being processed.
    Is there a chance that my H1b petition getting denied because I re-entered US (end of April 15) on a valid H4 visa once my H1b petition is still being processed for Change of Status by USCIS. Should I go for Change of Status (COS) or Consular processing since I will be out of the US during Apr 15?

I do not have a clarity on this and can anybody advise.Thanks.

Originally posted by sush2043 View Post
    Currently I am on H-4 and residing in US and will be filing H-1B (for change of status) on April 1st 2015 through sponsoring company . I plan to go to India from during Apr 2015, which is during the time my H-1B application is being processed.
    Is there a chance that my H1b petition getting denied because I re-entered US (end of April 15) on a valid H4 visa once my H1b petition is still being processed for Change of Status by USCIS. Should I go for Change of Status (COS) or Consular processing since I will be out of the US during Apr 15?

I do not have a clarity on this and can anybody advise.Thanks.
    Duplicate thread : http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...is-in-progress

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X