Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa - Doubt while filling the DS 160: Marital Status ( Geting married soon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - Doubt while filling the DS 160: Marital Status ( Geting married soon)

Hello Everyone,

I am getting married in June and am on H1 right now. My fiancee is in India now. We want to come back together soon after marriage.

Though We will schedule the visa interview after marriage, it makes sense to fill DS 160 earlier and submit to get the slots.

But while filling the DS 160 what should the marital status of my fiancee be? Should I state it as Married, as that is what it is going to be on the interview date?

Or should it be single, but it does not allow to take as Single, since while reaching the section on the stating the visa type, and providing the Spouse details. the DS 160 form pops an error and asks to correct the personal section.

Can some one please direct me about this? Or if anyone had this same exp, please help.

Regards,
    Ram

Originally posted by RKG_PPD View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am getting married in June and am on H1 right now. My fiancee is in India now. We want to come back together soon after marriage.

Though We will schedule the visa interview after marriage, it makes sense to fill DS 160 earlier and submit to get the slots.

But while filling the DS 160 what should the marital status of my fiancee be? Should I state it as Married, as that is what it is going to be on the interview date?

Or should it be single, but it does not allow to take as Single, since while reaching the section on the stating the visa type, and providing the Spouse details. the DS 160 form pops an error and asks to correct the personal section.

Can some one please direct me about this? Or if anyone had this same exp, please help.

Regards,
    Ram
    I believe its too early to try to book a slot for June. Visa processing seems much faster nowadays and a week to 10 days lead time is generally enough.

As for marital status, the DS-160 form should reflect the as is status on the day of interview, so if your current fiancee would be your spouse on the day of interview you have to put marital status as Married.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X