Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work for 2 companies for 1 same week (company1 H1-B(resign) and company2(EAD) joining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work for 2 companies for 1 same week (company1 H1-B(resign) and company2(EAD) joining

My wife is resigning from company1( on H1B) and going to join company2(on my GreenCard EAD). She realized she need to work for company1 for 1 additional week to be eligible for bonus payout from previous year. However she will need to join company2 the same week. So for one week, she is planning to work for both company1 and company2 fulltime.

Company1: She will put as vacation time for the last week so she is on payroll.
    Company2: She will join as scheduled.

Our question is can she be on payroll for 1 week for company1(H1B) and company2(EAD).

Thanks,

Originally posted by rap View Post
    My wife is resigning from company1( on H1B) and going to join company2(on my GreenCard EAD). She realized she need to work for company1 for 1 additional week to be eligible for bonus payout from previous year. However she will need to join company2 the same week. So for one week, she is planning to work for both company1 and company2 fulltime.

Company1: She will put as vacation time for the last week so she is on payroll.
    Company2: She will join as scheduled.

Our question is can she be on payroll for 1 week for company1(H1B) and company2(EAD).

Thanks,
    To be clear, she will be joining company2 on EAD. For the same week, she will be using her vacation time for company1 on H1B. So for 1 week she will be receiving pay from both employers. Let me know if his can/cannot be done.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X