X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNU correction on H1B visa

My current H1B visa has

Last name :ZZZ YYY
    Firstname/Given name :FNU (My old passport didn’t have a surname, so I got the visa in this format.)

My H1B petition and SSN were filed properly in the following format(The way I want)

Last name : YYY
    Firstname/Given name : ZZZ

Now I am having trouble getting my Drivers license with the FNU on my visa. I already corrected my passport.
    Is there a way to correct my name on the visa. ? I heard that I can apply (reissue) for a new visa from India. What is the risk involved in that? Do you think they will issue me a new visa since I already have a valid H1B visa.

Originally posted by vjjeffin View Post
    My current H1B visa has

Last name :ZZZ YYY
    Firstname/Given name :FNU (My old passport didn’t have a surname, so I got the visa in this format.)

My H1B petition and SSN were filed properly in the following format(The way I want)

Last name : YYY
    Firstname/Given name : ZZZ

Now I am having trouble getting my Drivers license with the FNU on my visa. I already corrected my passport.
    Is there a way to correct my name on the visa. ? I heard that I can apply (reissue) for a new visa from India. What is the risk involved in that? Do you think they will issue me a new visa since I already have a valid H1B visa.
    Just because you had a visa in itself would not get you a new one. You would need to probably re attend the visa interview with all the employer related documents. If you are eligible for the drop box might want to try that too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Just because you had a visa in itself would not get you a new one. You would need to probably re attend the visa interview with all the employer related documents. If you are eligible for the drop box might want to try that too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks. Do you think it will affect my current H1B if I go apply for another one?(In case if they don't approve it)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X