Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEIN Number repeatedly rejected by DOL Chicago!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEIN Number repeatedly rejected by DOL Chicago!!!

My company is sponsoring for an H1B visa for the first time and currently we are in the process of filing the LCA. We have every documents prepared now and only waiting to get the LCA certified. Since it's our first time, we are trying to get our FEIN verified.Our accountant submitted every document containing the company's FEIN number to DOL Chicago, but they rejected every one of them. Basically the problem is DOL said that the number printed on the documents are not called "FEIN". Yes they are not called FEIN but TAX ID, but that's the same thing! And the number is conspicuously printed on all the documents (not hidden on the 2nd or 3rd page). Here is a list of what the accountant submitted to them: (my company is in New York)

1) NYS Certificate of Authority,
    2)NYS Sales Tax Return
    3)NYS Demand for Payment Notice

And my boss also submitted the letter from IRS assigning the number, only that on there it also says "TAX ID".

My lawyer is working with us trying to figure out what the problem is and she might write a cover letter to it. But does anyone know what the problem could be? Why is DOL Chicago rejecting every one of these? I called them myself and they said that they can't talk to me because I am an employee and my boss called and they couldn't project detailed comments to. They only said that the number is not called "FEIN" number and that is the reason that they don't accept these documents. My boss said that the documents she submitted are all she has and she can't make the TAX ID turn into FEIN on these documents because they were issued a long time ago.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X