Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change in Sworn Affidavit by Indian Consul

Hi,

I am in US now and my spouse is applying for our kid's passport for which I have to get the sworn affidavit from US consulate.

I have already got one.

Problem now is due to some birth star issue we are changing baby's name, So now I should send a fresh affidavit with changed name.

Birth certificate issued in india has new changed name

Can this be a fresh affidavit application? or it is a name change procedure? whether this can be done at consul office? Please advice

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by kartikmacho View Post
    Hi,

I am in US now and my spouse is applying for our kid's passport for which I have to get the sworn affidavit from US consulate.

I have already got one.

Problem now is due to some birth star issue we are changing baby's name, So now I should send a fresh affidavit with changed name.

Birth certificate issued in india has new changed name

Can this be a fresh affidavit application? or it is a name change procedure? whether this can be done at consul office? Please advice

Thanks in advance.
    There is no name change procedure as such, what you would probably have to do is resend the Original Sworn affidavit, along with a letter and new birth certificate, asking for new affidavit with the newer name.

I would suggest you personally visit and explain them.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      There is no name change procedure as such, what you would probably have to do is resend the Original Sworn affidavit, along with a letter and new birth certificate, asking for new affidavit with the newer name.

I would suggest you personally visit and explain them.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X