X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 holder not travelled earlier applying for H1B

Hi,

New to this forum, so welcome me with open hands

I have a valid B1/B2 visa that I got it done since there was a requirement for me to travel to NJ for a relatively short duration of time (read 4 weeks), BUT I NEVER DID due to unforeseen circumstances.

Now, I have a situation: there is a requirement for me to travel and I will be deputed to the US for at least a year and my company wants me to procure H1B visa. I was of the assumption that I will not be eligible to apply for H1B without travelling at least once to the US. Please let me know how to proceed.

Also, they also asked me to get the passports for my family members done. In this case, should I just proceed with applying for H1B now and later proceed with H4 for dependants since they do not have their passports ready as yet? I am very confused. Please suggest!

Awaiting response for the above query

Comment

There's no prior travel to the USA is required, in order to qualify for H1B visa. You may apply as per your present needs and if VO questions about why you didn't travel before, you can explain the situation.

You can apply now and your spouse and children may apply after getting their passports.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X