Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 stamping in India--need help

Hello All,

I got my H1 in Oct'2013, Now I would like to go to India and come back on H4.
    My husband has valid H1(i797)

1. Is it possible to go to India on H1 and come back on H4? if yes what docs are needed for h4 stamping in India?

2. Or Should I apply for Change of status here in US? what docs need to be submitted for COS H1 to H4?

Please share any experiences of H1 to H4 visa stamping in India(Hyd).

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by dreddy123; 03-12-2015, 03:23 AM.

same problem.help needed.

Hello All,

I got my H1 in Oct'2013, Now I would like to go to India and come back on H4.
    My husband has valid H1(i797)

1. Is it possible to go to India on H1 and come back on H4? if yes what docs are needed for h4 stamping in India?

2. Or Should I apply for Change of status here in US? what docs need to be submitted for COS H1 to H4?

Please share any experiences of H1 to H4 visa stamping in India(Hyd).

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks

dreddy123 can you please share how did you comeback to US. i.e thru option 1 or option 2. your answer is imp to me

Comment

H1 to H 4 stamping in india.

I Have the same situation. can anyone suggest me which is the best way to come back to US.
      1 going with H1 and come back on H4 with my spouse documents
      2 apply COS to H4 before going to india , wait for approval and get it stamped n come back

Comment

Both are valid options. If you are planning to stay in U.S and do not want to leave the country, then file a COS from H1B to H4. If you are anyways planning to leave the country, then there is no point in filing the COS. Leave the country and return back using a valid H4 visa and your spouse's latest H1B approval notice. You will get an I-94 matching your spouse's H1B petition expiry date. If you choose option 2, then until the time you are in U.S, you should be working and getting paid to maintain the H1B status.

Originally posted by mita View Post
        I Have the same situation. can anyone suggest me which is the best way to come back to US.
        1 going with H1 and come back on H4 with my spouse documents
        2 apply COS to H4 before going to india , wait for approval and get it stamped n come back
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X