Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropbox eligibility for 221g Blue. Is 221g a refusal or hold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox eligibility for 221g Blue. Is 221g a refusal or hold?

Hi,

I am able to answer Yes to all the questions for interview waiver program but this one " Have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance".

I had received 221g blue the first time I went to stamp in Mumbai for H1-B. The VO needed more papers from company and it was cleared in a week after the papers were submitted. I am trying to understand does this mean I have had no refusals for a visa after my most recent visa? This is my second H1-B stamping and employer/ Job Title everything is the same as last time.

Can I answer yes to this questions or does a 221g blue mean I HAD a refusal, so I won't be eligible for dropbox and need to book interview appointment?

Thanks.

Originally posted by boyboston125 View Post
    Hi,

I am able to answer Yes to all the questions for interview waiver program but this one " Have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance".

I had received 221g blue the first time I went to stamp in Mumbai for H1-B. The VO needed more papers from company and it was cleared in a week after the papers were submitted. I am trying to understand does this mean I have had no refusals for a visa after my most recent visa? This is my second H1-B stamping and employer/ Job Title everything is the same as last time.

Can I answer yes to this questions or does a 221g blue mean I HAD a refusal, so I won't be eligible for dropbox and need to book interview appointment?

Thanks.
    221G is technically not a refusal. You also have to understand that the Consulate reserves the right to call you for an interview even if you are eligible for dropbox.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      221G is technically not a refusal. You also have to understand that the Consulate reserves the right to call you for an interview even if you are eligible for dropbox.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks!

I thought so too. I should be able to say Yes to all questions then and be able to use drop box that case. Nothing has changed in my case since last visa stamping, so hopefully should be no issues.

Comment

Hi, I am in the same situation. Did you get your visa alright ? or did you have to go for an interview afterall ?
        I also got a 221g 3 years back and now I am going for my extension.

Comment

Did any of you face an issue with dropbox appointment in this case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X