X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Extension

Hi,
    I need help !!!!

With Company A - I have applied for H1 Visa and got approved petition.
    Then I went for stamping and got it stamped.

After that being in India itself, I transferred my same petition to Company -B. But didn’t go for stamping.
    I came to USA with Company-Astamped visa but started working on the new petition.

At POE, They didn't see my new or old petitions at all ... just saw Passport. If I see my I-94 online it shows old petition details and I see I-94 less validity as per old petition.

New petition of Company-B is valid for two more years but my I-94 is valid for few months from now.

My Questions is , Do I have to go out of US for getting another I-94 ? or Can I get my I-94 extended being in US itself.

Thank you in advance.

I-94 Extension

What was your stamped visa validity? Your I 94 always based on your stamped visa validity on the passport and not the approved petition.

If your I94 and stamped visa validity are same, Then you need to apply for an extension of stay before your I 94 expires otherwise your stay will be considered illegal after your I 94 expiry date. Act fast!!

This is my opinion and I am not an immigration expert.

Comment

Please help

Please how do i post a thread,i am new and dont even know how to post a message on here

Comment

I-94 extension

my visa, date in I-129 and petition are valid fen 2017. My I-94 and Sow are until 2015 nov. my employer filing extension, what would be my I-94 date is it based on sow or petition. If any amendment.. Date in I-129 changed / come down from 2017 to sow date?

Please suggest

Comment

If your employer is filing an extension, then the I-94 date will be as per the newly approved H1B. It can have a validity more than or less than the previous H1B approval notice. It depends on the documents filed by your employer. If SOW is given only for 1 year, then it is possible that you get an extension only for 1 year. It totally depends on the officer who handles your case.

Originally posted by simplyphani View Post
          my visa, date in I-129 and petition are valid fen 2017. My I-94 and Sow are until 2015 nov. my employer filing extension, what would be my I-94 date is it based on sow or petition. If any amendment.. Date in I-129 changed / come down from 2017 to sow date?

Please suggest
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X