X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer is in Michigan, can i opt Newyork as Port of Entry

Hello folks,

This is kishore,
    am travelling to USA for the first time ever on recently stamped H1.
    my employer is located in Michigan and the nearest port of entry will be Detroit.

but i have planned to stay at newyork with my friends for a week and then travel to Michigan by road, so i have a booked a ticket to Newyork on Emirates.

To my surprise now some of my friends were saying: as i am first time traveler to USA, it is risky to opt for other port of entry(newyork) when your employer is in michigan.

It would be helpful if you let me know, if it is ok to travel newyork directly
    or else if there is chance for immigration officer to bangs me with various questions, i don't want to take risk
    I can cancel this ticket and i will go with other airlines that directly lands in Detroit.

awaiting for your valuable suggestions

Thank you

Best Regards
    Kishore

Originally posted by kishorefeb28 View Post
    Hello folks,

This is kishore,
    am travelling to USA for the first time ever on recently stamped H1.
    my employer is located in Michigan and the nearest port of entry will be Detroit.

but i have planned to stay at newyork with my friends for a week and then travel to Michigan by road, so i have a booked a ticket to Newyork on Emirates.

To my surprise now some of my friends were saying: as i am first time traveler to USA, it is risky to opt for other port of entry(newyork) when your employer is in michigan.

It would be helpful if you let me know, if it is ok to travel newyork directly
    or else if there is chance for immigration officer to bangs me with various questions, i don't want to take risk
    I can cancel this ticket and i will go with other airlines that directly lands in Detroit.

awaiting for your valuable suggestions

Thank you

Best Regards
    Kishore

I dont think there should be an issue as long as you have the paperwork in place for the new employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X