Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B visa administrative processing: 221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa administrative processing: 221(g)

Hi,

I have a PhD in EE and work in R&D in a technology company. I received 221(g) on my first H1b stamp in 2012 in Mumbai, India (took 3 weeks to process). This time I had to travel to the UK on a business trip and I appeared for a visa interview at the US Embassy in London. Got 221(g) again , even though I work for the same company and in the same profile. I should have researched more online before going out for this trip, now I realize that multiple 221(g)s are common.

Here are my details:

Visa Interview date: 9 Feb 2015
    Docs submitted: CV, List of Publications, Company letter
    Doc submission date: 9 Feb 2015 (during the visa interview)

CEAC website status shows Administrative Processing and the last status update date is 9 Feb 2015.

It has been 37 days now and there is no update. I have tried contacting the embassy multiple times but haven't received any useful information. Company immigration lawyers receive a similar response. I have tried contacting the Senator's office and they agreed to put in an inquiry with the Consulate. I understand that AP is not normally expedited, but am stuck in UK for more than five weeks now and the wait is quite frustrating.

My question is, before getting an e-mail from the Consulate, will the ceac.state.gov website status change? I've been reading where the status date changes and after a couple of dates people get an e-mail. Or is it the other way round? Any information regarding the same would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Originally posted by saurabhr8here View Post
    Hi,

I have a PhD in EE and work in R&D in a technology company. I received 221(g) on my first H1b stamp in 2012 in Mumbai, India (took 3 weeks to process). This time I had to travel to the UK on a business trip and I appeared for a visa interview at the US Embassy in London. Got 221(g) again , even though I work for the same company and in the same profile. I should have researched more online before going out for this trip, now I realize that multiple 221(g)s are common.

Here are my details:

Visa Interview date: 9 Feb 2015
    Docs submitted: CV, List of Publications, Company letter
    Doc submission date: 9 Feb 2015 (during the visa interview)

CEAC website status shows Administrative Processing and the last status update date is 9 Feb 2015.

It has been 37 days now and there is no update. I have tried contacting the embassy multiple times but haven't received any useful information. Company immigration lawyers receive a similar response. I have tried contacting the Senator's office and they agreed to put in an inquiry with the Consulate. I understand that AP is not normally expedited, but am stuck in UK for more than five weeks now and the wait is quite frustrating.

My question is, before getting an e-mail from the Consulate, will the ceac.state.gov website status change? I've been reading where the status date changes and after a couple of dates people get an e-mail. Or is it the other way round? Any information regarding the same would be very helpful.

Thanks!
    Dont see any reason why you are stuck in UK, you can always fly back to India if you wish to and continue the processing afresh from India again. Admin processing as such does not have any time frame to complete.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Dont see any reason why you are stuck in UK, you can always fly back to India if you wish to and continue the processing afresh from India again. Admin processing as such does not have any time frame to complete.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Not sure what you meant by starting the processing fresh from India. They took my H1B approval notice, so I don't think I can re-apply for the visa interview in India. Once they clear my admin processing, I'll have to fly back to the UK to submit my passport to get my visa stamp. Since my Employer has an office in the UK, am working from here. I'll probably fly back to India if this takes longer than 60 days.

Comment

Did u receive ur visa yet?

Did u receive ur visa yet? I have a similar issue. I applied in Amsterdam on 20th may and still pending.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X