Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed : H1-H4 Appointments thru VFS system

Hi Folks:
    I ‘m in the process of taking appointment thru VFS system.
    I'm just curious to know is there anyone here who had taken the appointment using the VFS one for both H1 and H4.

In the website mentioned it as, someone has to take receipt number for me by paying the visa application fee at HDFC and I have to use it while booking the appointment online at VFS site.

Now my questions are :

Do I need to take separate visa application for my wife by paying fee at HDFC branch or utilize the same for my wife too?

If I have to take another visa application, how can I merge her application with that of mine in the online application form at VFS site?

I’m assuming that folks who have used VFS earlier can easily answer these queries…I have tried getting into that area but not having HDFC receipt with me is preventing me go further than entering contact information..:-((….

Folks..pls respond…appreciate your help…..Thanks in advance….TS

Hi Troubleshooter,

1.You have to pay separate fees for ur wife i.e. Rs.4600/-+Rs.276/-,Rs.4876/- for both of u separately.They will provide u receipts with two yellow tokens on it.U've to enter those nos. while taking appointment.

2.When u would be filling ur application form i.e. DS-156,157 and petitioner's details it would be asking u for spouse's details ,then u've to enter ur spouse's details i.e. DS-156,157 for her also.So that is one time entry of details.

U'll find sample documents on this very good website .

Shivani

Comment

Originally posted by Shivani
      1.You have to pay separate fees for ur wife i.e. Rs.4600/-+Rs.276/-,Rs.4876/- for both of u separately.They will provide u receipts with two yellow tokens on it.U've to enter those nos. while taking appointment.

2.When u would be filling ur application form i.e. DS-156,157 and petitioner's details it would be asking u for spouse's details ,then u've to enter ur spouse's details i.e. DS-156,157 for her also.So that is one time entry of details.

U'll find sample documents on this very good website .

Shivani

ThanQ Shivani....Got answers for my queries....

I have tried to locate the sample forms for my case but endedup getting sample 156 and 157 for bringing parents tohere...Do u have any seperate location in mind from where Iget those sample fileld in forms for h1-h4 stuff?..Pls direct me...thanks...
      TS

Comment

Hi Shivani

can u ans me with the following doubts in 156 form....

1) FOR THE Q NUM 30 IN DS-156 FORM....

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ISSUED A U.S VISA......WHEN ADN WHERE....

I GOT MY H1 VISA STAMPED IN TWO DIFFERENT PLACES...

ONE IN INDIA AND ONE OUTSIDE INDIA.....

WHICH SHOULD I MENTION HERE NOW?....

I'M NOT SEEING ANY PLACE FOR THE SECOND ONE IN THE PAPER FILLED 156 DOC......

I HAVE NO IDEA ABT THE ARRANGEMENT IN NEWLY INTRODUCED ONLINE DS-156 DOC...

ALSO

2) DO MY WIFE NEEDS TO CHANGE HER LAST NAME TO MINE BEFORE APPYLYING FOR H4 VISA.....????

LASTLY...

3) CAN WE MODIFY/EDIT DS-156 AND DS-157 DOCS AFETR WE FILLED THEM IN VFS ONLINE SYSTEM?????

PPL WHO HAS FILELD THE ONLINE APPLIC CAN ONLY ANSWER MY QUERIES I THINK....

APPRECIATE UR HELP....THANKS IN ADVANCE.....

ts
        Last edited by Troubleshooter; 12-16-2005, 06:36 PM. Reason: Adding some more Q's

Comment

Hi ts,

regd. ur first ques. i don't know b'coz i've never been to US before but i think u should fill out the latest one.

2.In my opinion ur wife should write the name specified in her passport.

3.I think u cannot modify the forms once the details are filled up b'coz they go into their database.

And u need to know only the fields to fill up and u would be filling the details according to ur particulars.

-----------------------------
          not a legal advice
          Shivani

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X