Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 visa stamping after a J1 - final waiver certificate never reached us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa stamping after a J1 - final waiver certificate never reached us.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and couldn't find any relevant discussion thread. So please excuse, if I am breaking any forum rules.

My wife came to USA on a J1 visa for doing internship. She was subjected to 2 year home country service rule. However, we got the waiver recommendation from Govt of India and then from the Dept of State. However the final waiver certificate never reached us. It got misplaced by USPS ( there was some issue related to USPS services in our area back then). We had contacted the department of state, after the stipulated wait period of 1 month. They couldn't give an answer as in what went wrong to the mail. They suggested us to create a request for re-sending the certificate once again, by paying ~ $400 ( don't remember the exact amount )
    During this time, wife's H1B petition got approved. ( Her employer had filed for H1 in premium mode as soon as she got the favorable recommendation ). Since we got the H1B, we didn't requested for resending the waiver certificate.

Now we are planing to go to India for vacation. She needs to go to Chennai for visa stamping. While checking the documents required, we came across a requirement - to have the final waiver certificate in hand ( if the person had subjected to 2 year rule ).

So my question here to the Gurus is, do we need to show the waiver certificate ? ( With out getting waiver, they wouldn't have approved her H1B. We could see that waiver was granted as per USCIS website.)

Highly appreciate some advice. I don't think we have enough time to apply for a duplicate certificate

Thanks,
    Vivek Venugopal
    Minnesota.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X