Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer from India, never travelled to U.S on H1 visa before

Hi,

I'm currently in India and possess valid H1 stamping through Company A. For some reason Company A never invited me, so i didn't get opportunity to go to U.S on H1. Now i've initiated H1 transfer from India through Company B.

Company B filed a CAP exempt petition which is in-progress.

My query is, after Company B's petition get approved, can i travel to U.S with Company B's approved Petition with Company A's H1 visa Stamp.

Or, Should i go for another Visa interview to get Company B's H1 visa stamp to enter U.S?

Note: I've never travelled to U.S on H1B visa before and am initiating H1 transfer from India. This would be my first entry to U.S on H1 Visa

Please guide me.

Originally posted by dan001 View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently in India and possess valid H1 stamping through Company A. For some reason Company A never invited me, so i didn't get opportunity to go to U.S on H1. Now i've initiated H1 transfer from India through Company B.

Company B filed a CAP exempt petition which is in-progress.

My query is, after Company B's petition get approved, can i travel to U.S with Company B's approved Petition with Company A's H1 visa Stamp.

Or, Should i go for another Visa interview to get Company B's H1 visa stamp to enter U.S?

Note: I've never travelled to U.S on H1B visa before and am initiating H1 transfer from India. This would be my first entry to U.S on H1 Visa

Please guide me.
    When was Employer A's petition filed? Till when is the H1 visa in passport valid to?

Comment

Hi Raghvi,
      Thanks for the replay
      Petition filled in march 2014 and visa validation is from 1 oct 2014 to 7 july 2017

Comment

Originally posted by dan001 View Post
        Hi Raghvi,
        Thanks for the replay
        Petition filled in march 2014 and visa validation is from 1 oct 2014 to 7 july 2017
        Though advisable to do so, technically you need not go for fresh visa stamping and can travel with current visa along with B's approved petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks alot,
          Is there any way by which I can get proper policy of this case

Comment

Hey dan001,

Were you able to transfer your visa and stamped successfully ?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X