H1B Visa went for Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa went for Administrative Processing

My wife and I had personal interview on March 28 as we went for stamping for H1B extension. We were told by the Visa Officer that she was not able to attach petition to my visa and it may take couple of days to do so and she told me there is no further document required from my side and she didn’t gave any slip.

I'd received my wife’s passport with new visa stamped but mine is still showing in administrative processing. Please refer attached screenshot below.

Please advise if we can expedite this process or can check with USCIS or Delhi Consulate and how much time administrative processing would take as i have a travel plan next week.

Thanks,
    Last edited by yahoogmail; 04-04-2015, 12:58 AM.

Originally posted by yahoogmail View Post
    My wife and I had personal interview on March 28 as we went for stamping for H1B extension. We were told by the Visa Officer that she was not able to attach petition to my visa and it may take couple of days to do so and she told me there is no further document required from my side and she didn’t gave any slip.

I'd received my wife’s passport with new visa stamped but mine is still showing in administrative processing. Please refer attached screenshot below.

Please advise if we can expedite this process or can check with USCIS or Delhi Consulate and how much time administrative processing would take as i have a travel plan next week.

Thanks,
    The is the reason it is never advisable to book tickets without first getting the visa in hand. If the issue was only with the VO not being able to see your petition, then generally it doesnt take much time, but again, there is no set time limit for the admin processing to complete. There is no way to expedite this process. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      The is the reason it is never advisable to book tickets without first getting the visa in hand. If the issue was only with the VO not being able to see your petition, then generally it doesnt take much time, but again, there is no set time limit for the admin processing to complete. There is no way to expedite this process. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advise, Is there is any way to track or check with consulate what is the reason for admin processing OR if they need any document.

Comment

B1/B2 approved but online status says Adminstrative Process

Hi Friends,

Today i.e. 6 May 2015 I appeared for the b1/b2 visa in Mexico.
        VO told that my visa is approved, however when I am checking it online today itself (6 May 2015) it says it under administrative process now I have below questions:
        1. Could this be a normal visa stamping related administrative process? And it's fine I just need to wait for a day or two more to conclude?
        2. If it's the actual administrative process, I heard it may take several months , since I am an Indian and I may need to go back to the home country any time after the assignment is over, how would I be able to get my passport back?

Please answer ASAP.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by h1visaquestions View Post
          Hi Friends,

Today i.e. 6 May 2015 I appeared for the b1/b2 visa in Mexico.
          VO told that my visa is approved, however when I am checking it online today itself (6 May 2015) it says it under administrative process now I have below questions:
          1. Could this be a normal visa stamping related administrative process? And it's fine I just need to wait for a day or two more to conclude?
          2. If it's the actual administrative process, I heard it may take several months , since I am an Indian and I may need to go back to the home country any time after the assignment is over, how would I be able to get my passport back?

Please answer ASAP.

Regards
          1. That's the general status shown for initial few days. I would suggest wait for a 1 Week before pressing the panic button.
          2. If it indeed takes more than 15 Days, you can write a letter/email to the consulate to return your passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X