Need some advice if I should bring my girlfriend with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice if I should bring my girlfriend with me

Hello Visa Experts, I could really use some of your help to make a decision.

My biggest dream in life have always been to live and work in California, and that is a dream that is now within reach. I am currently waiting for a Canada visa, which will be done within 2 months, where I will stay about 1.5 year where I will be moved to America on a L1 visa. There is however a good change that another big American company will want me to come on a H1 visa at the end of this year (I know the start time will be end 2016). Therefore, my life goal is within reach. Where I can need, some help is with my girlfriend, she is Chinese, and currently living in China, where I am from northern Europe, national and born. We met online about 1 year again, and have spent 3x2 weeks together. So right now am I debating with myself if I should take this to the next step, but I am worried if this will block my life goal that I have worked so hard to reach. Will she make it harder for me to be approved for a H1 or L1 visa, and should I bring her with me, will she be able to work? If I decide to bring her with me will we be married before the move to America, but after the moved to Canada.
    An related question, but not my main, she is fairly intelligent with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, will she have a hard time finding work in America?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X