X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension/transfer from India

Hi :

I have some queries regarding H1b extension/transfer

1)My H1 was processed by company A in 2012 and the validity was from 1st Oct 2012 to 30 Sep 2015.I traveled to the US on this on a client assignment and currently I am back in India.
    My H1 is valid till September end 2015.While in India I am looking out for job opportunities as I do not see much US based assignments from company A.

I wanted to know that if I were to join company B in India ,can the company B extend or transfer my h1 while I am India?

2) What is the latest I can join company B ,which should allow them sufficient time to process an extension/transfer of my H1, given the fact that my H1 expires on Sept end 2015.For eg. If I join company B after Sept 1st or Sep 15th , can company B file for extension/transfer when only 30 / 15 days wd have left for H1 expiry?

3)Also can i join company B after Sept 30th when my H1 wd have expired? In that case can company B transfer/extend the visa?I heard that it extendable upto another 3 years and you do not come under Cap.

4)Do I need to wait to be on rolls of company B for them to start my extension/transfer process. Is it possible for them to start the process immediately after they issue the offer letter.I am asking this because we have a long notice period of 3 months before I leave company A and join B and was wondering if this period could be utilized for the company B to start the process.

5) If these are possible , do I need to visit the US consulate for fresh stamping?

Obliged if the experts can guide me in this.

thanks,
    SM

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X