H1B Visa minimum validity needed at port of entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa minimum validity needed at port of entry

what is H1B Visa minimum validity needed at port of entry, I have a plan to visit India this month and whille return i will have only 4 months left on my h1 visa and my dependant H4 will have 3 months.

Is it advisable to get visa stamped in this scenario? i have I797 from new employer until 2017. please advice.

Originally posted by aksvp View Post
    what is H1B Visa minimum validity needed at port of entry, I have a plan to visit India this month and whille return i will have only 4 months left on my h1 visa and my dependant H4 will have 3 months.

Is it advisable to get visa stamped in this scenario? i have I797 from new employer until 2017. please advice.
    Visa is valid till its expiry date. But the catch is that nowadays the System and the POE gives I-94 only till passport expiry/visa expiry whichever is earlier. So plan accordingly, as you would have to file H1 and H4 I-94 extension using form I-539 within 4/3 Month after arrival into US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Same situation

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Visa is valid till its expiry date. But the catch is that nowadays the System and the POE gives I-94 only till passport expiry/visa expiry whichever is earlier. So plan accordingly, as you would have to file H1 and H4 I-94 extension using form I-539 within 4/3 Month after arrival into US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi,
      I had to travel to India due to an emergency with my current Visa stamp ending on July 01st. I have the I797 Approval Notice for the extension that was filed while I was in US which is valid till end of July 2020. I will be returning on June 29th which is just 2 days before the stamp on Visa.

Will they allow me to get in at the POE? If I show them the approved I797 - will they give me the I94 based on the I797? Any risk with this situation?

Regards
      Abraham

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X