Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New receipt number or old receipt number for cap exempt category-H1B VISA 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New receipt number or old receipt number for cap exempt category-H1B VISA 2015-2016

Hi All,

I have filed for H1B Visa 2016 under cap exempt using my existing Approval Notice I 797 for different company. My new company has filed the petition on 1st April 2015. They have provided me the courier tracking number which confirms the delivery to USCIS at Vermont. I would like to know the answers for the following queries:

1. How many days will it take to get the Receipt number update from USCIS?
    2. Will I get new Receipt number or do I need to check with my existing/old Receipt number?

Please let me know if you need further clarifications from my side to answer my queries. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    JSCHANDRA

Originally posted by JSCHANDRA View Post
    Hi All,

I have filed for H1B Visa 2016 under cap exempt using my existing Approval Notice I 797 for different company. My new company has filed the petition on 1st April 2015. They have provided me the courier tracking number which confirms the delivery to USCIS at Vermont. I would like to know the answers for the following queries:

1. How many days will it take to get the Receipt number update from USCIS?
    2. Will I get new Receipt number or do I need to check with my existing/old Receipt number?

Please let me know if you need further clarifications from my side to answer my queries. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    JSCHANDRA
    If I understand correctly, you have two different petitions filed with two different employers. One is an old petition, and another one is a new petition. Both would be treated independently.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If I understand correctly, you have two different petitions filed with two different employers. One is an old petition, and another one is a new petition. Both would be treated independently.

Yes, your understanding is correct Rahvi. So now, does it mean that I will be getting new Receipt number for tracking or should I use old receipt number? Also, if New receipt number is sent, then how many days will it take to get it?

Regards,
      JSCHANDRA

Comment

You would be tracking using new receipt numbers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X