Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to Cuba on a H1B Visa

Hi there,

I'm wondering does anyone know if it's legally possible to visit Cuba on vacation while being on a H1B visa?

I'd like to visit over the summer but don't want to jeopardize my visa status.

Per my understanding it is possible for non American Citizens and non permanent residents (Green Card Holders) to visit Cuba for tourist reasons:

"The Cuban Assets Control Regulations are enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury and affect all U.S. citizens and permanent residents wherever they are located, all people and organizations physically located in the United States, and all branches and subsidiaries of U.S. organizations throughout the world. The regulations require that persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction be licensed in order to engage in any travel-related transactions pursuant to travel to, from, and within Cuba, or that the transactions in question be exempt from licensing requirements. Transactions related to travel for tourist activities are not licensable. This restriction includes travel to Cuba for tourist activites from or through a third country, such as Mexico or Canada. U.S. law enforcement authorities enforce these regulations at U.S. airports and pre-clearance facilities in third countries. Travelers who fail to comply with Department of the Treasury regulations may face civil penalties and criminal prosecution upon return to the United States."

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with travelling to Cuba while on H1B status and if this is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Interested in this, too. Bump!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X