Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India during the last month of H1B Visa Expiry

Hello Reader,

My H1B visa is getting expired on 30Sep2015.
    The renewal application will be filed this week (3rd week of April 2015). This may be approved by July/Aug.
    I am planning to Travel to India during end of Aug2015 and will be back in USA before 15Sep2015 (That's before the Visa Expiry).

My question, is it required to get the renewed visa stamped during this visit?
    (If it is not a required, then I will get this done when I travel along with my family in April2016.)

Thanks
    Vikas

Originally posted by vikaspatil View Post
    Hello Reader,

My H1B visa is getting expired on 30Sep2015.
    The renewal application will be filed this week (3rd week of April 2015). This may be approved by July/Aug.
    I am planning to Travel to India during end of Aug2015 and will be back in USA before 15Sep2015 (That's before the Visa Expiry).

My question, is it required to get the renewed visa stamped during this visit?
    (If it is not a required, then I will get this done when I travel along with my family in April2016.)

Thanks
    Vikas
    The biggest negative of not going for visa stamping is that upon return in Sep 2015, you would be given an I-94 only till current visa expiry, that is 30-Sep-2015, which will necessitate an extension filing as soon as you return.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X