H1b salary change during Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b salary change during Visa stamping

When I applied h1b last year my employer gave me an offer letter for $90000. However we agreed that 80:20 salary will be worked out once I get a job offer.My petition is approved now and I am planning to take the visa interview. However my employer gave me another offer letter now for 80k and asked me to take this to visa stamping interview. When I asked him the reason for change in salary he mentioned that my lca was approved for 80k it is better to take this interview. I believe when they filed the petition they would have submitted my previous offer letter for 90k.

Will there be any problem in visa stamping because of this? Please need an urgent advise on this..

Originally posted by vijay0111 View Post
    When I applied h1b last year my employer gave me an offer letter for $90000. However we agreed that 80:20 salary will be worked out once I get a job offer.My petition is approved now and I am planning to take the visa interview. However my employer gave me another offer letter now for 80k and asked me to take this to visa stamping interview. When I asked him the reason for change in salary he mentioned that my lca was approved for 80k it is better to take this interview. I believe when they filed the petition they would have submitted my previous offer letter for 90k.

Will there be any problem in visa stamping because of this? Please need an urgent advise on this..
    Do you have the latest LCA/H1 amendment? Offered salary can be as per LCA or above it .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X