Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B extension applied in premium & Travel to India ..OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension applied in premium & Travel to India ..OK?

There are few facts that I have gathered from our last discussion. here is the complete picture.

L1B to H1B COS applied last year and h1b approved and that petition validity is from 10/01/2014 until 09/30/2015. I have changed client in Last November and there was a new LCA applied that time but not any h1b amendment. So client in my current petition does not match with the current LCA. I have also applied my extension on 20th April in premium processing. The new petition valid from date mentioned while applying is 10/01/2015.

I am planning to go india this friday(4/24), in this situation, I have below queries.

1. I have client letter, vendor letter and other documents for visa stamping. Assuming my extension petition gets approved, Do you see any issue if I travel to INDIA in the above scenario?

2. Is there a chance that my petition gets abandoned due to my travel out of USA while processing? If NO, why? ( I was told that there are some chances its gets abandoned..I dont really know why and how)

3. If I postpone my travel for about a week more(assuming my petition extension gets approved by then), Is there any real benefit ? or does not matter with my travel?

Can we apply for H1B visa extension from India

Someone please help me in my case.

My H1B visa valid till Dec 31st,2015. I have to travel back to India in June. I have following questions.

1) Can I apply H1B visa extension from India Before Dec,2015 or
    2) Can I apply H1B Visa extension from US in May 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Viru221 View Post
      Someone please help me in my case.

My H1B visa valid till Dec 31st,2015. I have to travel back to India in June. I have following questions.

1) Can I apply H1B visa extension from India Before Dec,2015 or
      2) Can I apply H1B Visa extension from US in May 2015.
      Not a good idea to mix travel and visa stamping for a visa which is set to expire more than 6 Months in the future.

The issue I see here is that the extension petition would be valid from 01-Jan 2016 onwards only. So the earliest you can attend interview for that petition is Nov 2015 Also, the visa would be valid from 01 Jab 2016 onwards only so the earliest you can travel on that visa would be Dec 20 2015.

Would advise filing extension after traveling back, and stamping probably in the next trip.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X