H1 Stamping before joining, F1 to H1 COS Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping before joining, F1 to H1 COS Approved

I was previously on an H1B visa (2.5 years) and then I switched to F1 for an MBA. I previously have a MS and hence don't have an OPT.

I found an employer and the lawyers filed for a COS to H1B. The COS was approved with a start date of Jun 1st. My joining date is in August and I plan to go back to India for H1B stamping.

A) What is my status starting Jun 1st (F1 Expires) - August, if I don't go to India?
    B) I will not be on payroll till Aug. Will that be a problem if I am in the US the entire duration (Jun - Aug)?
    C) I won't have paystubs till August, will this be a problem for H1B stamping?

Thank you for all your help.

Regards,

H1 Stamping before joining, F1 to H1 COS Approved

Can someone please help me with these questions? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by atrangi4u View Post
      I was previously on an H1B visa (2.5 years) and then I switched to F1 for an MBA. I previously have a MS and hence don't have an OPT.

I found an employer and the lawyers filed for a COS to H1B. The COS was approved with a start date of Jun 1st. My joining date is in August and I plan to go back to India for H1B stamping.

A) What is my status starting Jun 1st (F1 Expires) - August, if I don't go to India?
      B) I will not be on payroll till Aug. Will that be a problem if I am in the US the entire duration (Jun - Aug)?
      C) I won't have paystubs till August, will this be a problem for H1B stamping?

Thank you for all your help.

Regards,
      1. As your COS was applied and approved effective 01-June 2015, you would be on H1 from 01-June-2015.
      2. Yes, you would be out of status without payroll.
      3. Probably, as without payroll you are out of status.

You should probably leave before 01-June-2015 and return with H1 stamped visa from August onwards.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X