Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 , L1 Visa transfers options

Hi,
    My L1 is approved on july 9(2 yrs I 94) and H1 approved on May 1( 3 years I 94) while I am in USA.

IF I go to india and have L1 stamping can I later convert to H1 while in US?
    IF I go to india and have H1 stamping can I later convert to L1 while in US?
    Can I have both Stamping (H1 and L1) going twice to consulate for each visa stamping. And come to US and decide on which visa I want to continue at Port entry?
    If yes , can I convert to other Visa while in USA at a later stage?
    If yes can I go back to India later and come back in what ever visa I want to come back?

Thank you,
    Vinay

Originally posted by kvvinaykumar View Post
    Hi,
    My L1 is approved on july 9(2 yrs I 94) and H1 approved on May 1( 3 years I 94) while I am in USA.

IF I go to india and have L1 stamping can I later convert to H1 while in US?
    IF I go to india and have H1 stamping can I later convert to L1 while in US?
    Can I have both Stamping (H1 and L1) going twice to consulate for each visa stamping. And come to US and decide on which visa I want to continue at Port entry?
    If yes , can I convert to other Visa while in USA at a later stage?
    If yes can I go back to India later and come back in what ever visa I want to come back?

Thank you,
    Vinay
    Whats your current status in US? Is L1 employer and H1 employer same?

As L1 and H1 are both employment visas, one can only have one valid in the passport at a given time.

If you go to India, and get L1 stamping, yes you can convert your status to H1 later on.
    Yes, you can possibly do the reverse too, that is H1 stamping, and then later change status to L1.
    As I said , you cannot have both L1 and H1 stamped and valid in the same passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I am on L1 currently and in US.Both employers are different

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Whats your current status in US? Is L1 employer and H1 employer same?

As L1 and H1 are both employment visas, one can only have one valid in the passport at a given time.

If you go to India, and get L1 stamping, yes you can convert your status to H1 later on.
      Yes, you can possibly do the reverse too, that is H1 stamping, and then later change status to L1.
      As I said , you cannot have both L1 and H1 stamped and valid in the same passport.

Comment

Was H1 applied as COS?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Was H1 applied as COS?
          Yes. H1 is applied as COS.

If I go to india and have L1 stamping before H1 COS in US and come back to America, Later I want to move to H1B in US .Can this be done?
          Last edited by kvvinaykumar; 05-05-2015, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kvvinaykumar View Post
            Yes. H1 is applied as COS.

If I go to india and have L1 stamping before H1 COS in US and come back to America, Later I want to move to H1B in US .Can this be done?
            You would have to leave before your H1 COS and return after the COS so that the COS does not take place. Read around for "leap frog". If you do not nullify the COS you must work for and get paid by H1 employer from COS date.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X