This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa EAD information

For extensive information about H4 Visa EAD, please visit http://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-ead/

As and when more information is known, we will be updating that section. Therefore, please keep visiting it often.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Eligibility Category in I-765 form

Hi,

As part of I-765 form, you have stated that eligibility category is (c) (26). Is it common for all ?? Also as an H1-B principal applicant , iam planning to file H-4 EAD application process. Do you see any issues if I do it individually

Thanks,
    Madhu Babu M

Comment

H4 EAD I-765 Question #11

Hello,

I have worked in US earlier for 10 years on H1B visa before change of my status from H1B to H4. Currently I am in H4 status since 4 years,so should I say yes to the question #11 and mention the dates of my previous H1B visas or should I mention No to this question. Please let me know

Regards,
      Baazi

Comment

F1 OPT to H4 EAD

Hi,
        I am currently in the US on F1 OPT which is going to expire in 45 days or so. While here, I met someone who is on H1B (and recently got the I-140 approved) and we have been together for 6 months. We are great together and want to continue staying together, so we recently did registered marriage here. We have not had an Indian marriage yet since we are still in the process of convincing parents. Given the sensitivity of family situation, we have not told people that we got married.
        Now given expiry of OPT and F1 very soon, I need to change my status to H4 and then apply for EAD. My concerns are:

1. Since we do not have an Indian marriage, will there be any trouble in getting H4?

2. Should I file COS from F1 to H4 here or should I go to India for applying for H4 visa?

3. If here, should I apply for COS and EAD together or wait till I get H4 (will take about 6 months or more in total for both)?

4. If I go back to India, and then my H4 is denied, will my B1/B2 (10 years visa) also be revoked? Or can I enter US again on tourist visa this year?

Also, I will have an important personal/work thing to attend later this year. Will they let me enter for that?
        Would really appreciate your views.
        Thanks!

Comment

Conflicting info re H4 and EAD

Hello, I'm hoping for a bit of clarity and information. My background is as follows

My husband is in the US on an H1B nonimmigrant skilled workers visa. I am therefore on an H4 spousal visa. We have just moved to the US and will only be applying for permanent residency in a few years. I am a bit confused regarding the recent information on EAD and spouses.

AM I or AM I NOT allowed to work as an H4 spouse in the US? Do we have to have applied for permanent residency before I am allowed to work?

TIA!

Comment

H4 EAD query_ Urgent

Hi,
            i am on H4. My husband will complete his 6 years on H1B in September 2015. He got his PERM approved in March 2015 and his employer is yet to apply for his I140. I am a bit confused about the 7th year H1 B extension eligibility criteria to apply for H4 EAD as per the new H4 EAD rule by USCIS.

Kindly let me know under what category am I eligible to apply for EAD and when.

Comment

H4 EAD Job

Just thought to share my story, since I see many of you are in same boat as I was. Just like you I was waiting for EAD, but was also aware of the fact that what I will be doing once I have it. So I joined one of the IT consultancy firm in SF bay area. I know that there are many firms in bay area, but to find the right one is difficult. The one I joined trained me very well in the field I wanted to go in. They made all the efforts to market me with their big clients.

So meanwhile my EAD was in process, I went for training and applied for interviews. And the best part is I got an offer in my 3rd interview itself. I was not confident at all but I realized that the training they provided was one of the reason I cracked the interview. So guys just an advice to you all, keep preparing for your interviews while EAD in the process and it never hurts to get trained and then go for the interviews.

I want all of you guys to be successful in your job search. If you want feel free to send me your email id/resumes , I can forward it to the firm.

Best Luck!
              Kunal

Comment

Extension of H4 EAD upon H1B transfer/renewal

Hi,

My spouse recently has received H4-EAD, based on my H1B status + I140 approval(2012). However, I would like to enquire if I plan to change the employer. Then, the new employer needs to reapply my GC(permanent residence) application along with new labor and I140 ? In that case, what will be status of the H4-EAD that my spouse had received?

Could it be considered valid for continuous of employment, or the H4-EAD needs to be reapplied with new H1B transfer/renewal ?

I would like to assess the risk involved of my changing the employer, and if it impact my spouse's working status (H4-EAD).

Can anyone please share similar stories or assistance with this problem?

Thanks!
                -rb

Comment

H1B Amendments

I got my H1B approval in Aug 2015. Have not done the Visa stamping yet. Now, my client has postponed the requirement till 3rd Q 2016. Which means another year. I have approched other projects in company X as they have demands. But i have been told due to the recent Amendment spat in USA, our Company X is not filling any Amendment for 2015 H1B. Please share the ammendement Thanks in advance.

Comment

H4-F1 first & then H4ead together. If i get approval on either what happens to other?

I'm currently on H4. I then decided to pursue MS so we applied for COS to F1. It's been 8 months i still don't have an F1 approval. Now we have filed for my H4 extension (which is about to expire) and H4 EAD together. Assuming I get either one of this status (F1 or H4 ead). What happens to other application? Would it automatically be cancelled or status would be changed again?

Any expert advice would be helpful - Thanks!

Comment

how to fill i-765 when changing from F1 to H4 EAD

Hi all,

After reading all the blogs/forums, I've been able to deduce that I can apply COS from F1 (OPT expiring on 02/2016) to H4 and H4 EAD simultaneously. What I haven't been able to find out anywhere is how should I fill the relevant forms I-539 and I-765.

About my case:
                      I started school in Aug 2013 on H4.
                      Converted to F1 in fall 2014.
                      Graduated in Dec 2014.
                      Got OPT approved in 02/2015, valid till 02/2016.
                      Now I want to apply for H4 and H4 EAD simultaneously.

Following are my questions:

1. In I-539, Part 4, Foreign Home Address is the address on my Indian passport?

2. In I-765, Q.15, current immigration status should be "F1" or "H4"? I know I'm currently on F1 but I can only apply for this EAD on H4, hence, the confusion.

3. In I-765, Q.14, Status of last entry should be "H4" as I entered the country on H4 and then changed to F1 (I haven't left the country since converting to F1)?

4. If I'm applying both these forms simultaneously, how do I provide a copy of I-797 or receipt notice document proving my H4 status for I-765? Or will USCIS be able to ascertain that I've applied I-539 automatically? I am totally confused about this one!

Any help on this matter is highly appreciated!

Comment

Marrying an H1B holder

Hello

My fiancé is an H1B holder sponsored by his company in India. We plan to move to the US after our wedding in January 2016. But I have a couple of queries regarding my ability to work

- I figured I would have to apply for an H4 as a dependent to even move there with him which is fine.

-After some research, I discovered that the only way for me to work would be to apply for an H4 EAD once we move there but that is subject to my husband's application for a GC or extension of his H1. So would i only be able to apply for an EAD under these two conditions. If he opts for the later as his H1B is valid till 2017, would i immediately be able to apply for an EAD irrespective of how much his H1 has been extended?

-If and when I'm eligible for and EAD, how long does the process usually take? also are there any other prerequisites to apply for an H4EAD

-Unfortunately, my background is in journalism and screenwriting for which getting an H1 myself is a difficult proposition unless i go to the US and hope to find a job where a company would sponsor my H1. So do i have any other options in terms of getting a visa which would allow me to work within a few months of living in the US?

Any advice and suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!

Comment

H1 Transfer when dependant is on H4 EAD

Hi,

I am on H1-B and planning to change Job, have few questions regarding my wife's H4-EAD

1) Does it affect my wife's H4-EAD when I transfer my current H1 to new employer ?
                          2) She has H4-EAD until 2018 April, If I didn't get my I-140 approved with new employer by 2018 Apr, will it effect my wife's H4-EAD extension ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

H1B - Spouse H4 EAD

It's been an year I am working in H1B. Can I apply EAD for my spouse? She is in H4. What is I-480 approval? We have not applied for GC yet.

Comment

Hi,

Were you able to successfully change from F1 EAD to H4 and H4 EAD without losing the validity of your current F1 EAD?
                              I am exploring the same option and hence would like to get your feedback.

Thanks!

Originally posted by f1toh4help View Post
                              Hi all,

After reading all the blogs/forums, I've been able to deduce that I can apply COS from F1 (OPT expiring on 02/2016) to H4 and H4 EAD simultaneously. What I haven't been able to find out anywhere is how should I fill the relevant forms I-539 and I-765.

About my case:
                              I started school in Aug 2013 on H4.
                              Converted to F1 in fall 2014.
                              Graduated in Dec 2014.
                              Got OPT approved in 02/2015, valid till 02/2016.
                              Now I want to apply for H4 and H4 EAD simultaneously.

Following are my questions:

1. In I-539, Part 4, Foreign Home Address is the address on my Indian passport?

2. In I-765, Q.15, current immigration status should be "F1" or "H4"? I know I'm currently on F1 but I can only apply for this EAD on H4, hence, the confusion.

3. In I-765, Q.14, Status of last entry should be "H4" as I entered the country on H4 and then changed to F1 (I haven't left the country since converting to F1)?

4. If I'm applying both these forms simultaneously, how do I provide a copy of I-797 or receipt notice document proving my H4 status for I-765? Or will USCIS be able to ascertain that I've applied I-539 automatically? I am totally confused about this one!

Any help on this matter is highly appreciated!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X