Question regarding H1B extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding H1B extension

My initial H1B petition filed with company A, as well as my I 94, is valid till Sep 30th, 2015. Now I have to go for H1 extension. My current project is different from the one filed during initial H1B. I already have the valid LCA for the current project location. My question is , is it ok if the H1 extension is for a different project than the initial H1? If it is going to be an issue, then should I ask my company people to file for Amendment along with H1 extension( in the same petition) reflecting the current project? Please suggest. (An additional note the the initial petition was filed with VSC , now H1 extension is going to be filed with CSC.)

Anybody faced similar kind of issue before or any opinion on my question plz?

Comment

Originally posted by gvsm_pavan View Post
      My initial H1B petition filed with company A, as well as my I 94, is valid till Sep 30th, 2015. Now I have to go for H1 extension. My current project is different from the one filed during initial H1B. I already have the valid LCA for the current project location. My question is , is it ok if the H1 extension is for a different project than the initial H1? If it is going to be an issue, then should I ask my company people to file for Amendment along with H1 extension( in the same petition) reflecting the current project? Please suggest. (An additional note the the initial petition was filed with VSC , now H1 extension is going to be filed with CSC.)
      I would say file and get an amendment done.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi!!Appreciate your responses as I am in a crunch moment

Employer A had initiated my GC process.Perm got approved on 20th Dec 2015 and I 140 was filed on 1 Feb 2016.Unfortunately I was laid off from company A on 23 Feb.
        My 6 years of H1B maxes out on 28 Feb 2017.
        I transferred my H1 to company B and they are again initiating my GC process.If my Perm and i140 applied by company B does not get approved before my max out date,is there any way I can make use of Perm approval from company A for a 1 year extension?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X