Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have L1 visa and got approval for H1B 2015. When should I expect I 797 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have L1 visa and got approval for H1B 2015. When should I expect I 797 ....

Hey ,

I have L1 visa and received approval for H1B 2015 visa from another company. When should I expect my I 797?

Currently I am in USA with valid I-94 till 2018.

What would be impact on my current employment? I came to know that I can start working on H1B visa not sooner than 1st Oct. So does that mean once I receive the I 797 I have to move back to India and come back again around 1st OCt?

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Originally posted by nile20 View Post
    Hey ,

I have L1 visa and received approval for H1B 2015 visa from another company. When should I expect my I 797?

Currently I am in USA with valid I-94 till 2018.

What would be impact on my current employment? I came to know that I can start working on H1B visa not sooner than 1st Oct. So does that mean once I receive the I 797 I have to move back to India and come back again around 1st OCt?

Please guide me.

Thanks,
    Was H1 applied as a Change Of Status? If yes, when you say it is approved, the employer/attorney should get the I797 with the new I94. If yes, you would be able to move to H1 only from the COS date which will typically begin only from 01-Oct-2015 or later, you need not go out of US in that case.

Also, from COS date you must work only with H1 employer any employment with L1 employer after a COS to H1 is illegal.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Was H1 applied as a Change Of Status? If yes, when you say it is approved, the employer/attorney should get the I797 with the new I94. If yes, you would be able to move to H1 only from the COS date which will typically begin only from 01-Oct-2015 or later, you need not go out of US in that case.

Also, from COS date you must work only with H1 employer any employment with L1 employer after a COS to H1 is illegal.

Thanks for the response. What is change of status? Let me ask this way, I have L1 visa with company A and approved H1B 2015 visa from company B. I am waiting on Company B to receive the I 797. I can work on on H1B visa only after 1 OCt 2015. Till that time can I work on L1 visa with company A in USA? And from 1 Oct join the company B?

Comment

Originally posted by nile20 View Post
        Thanks for the response. What is change of status? Let me ask this way, I have L1 visa with company A and approved H1B 2015 visa from company B. I am waiting on Company B to receive the I 797. I can work on on H1B visa only after 1 OCt 2015. Till that time can I work on L1 visa with company A in USA? And from 1 Oct join the company B?
        Yes you can.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X