Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal Question

Hi All,

First of all, would like to thank all the forum Members for offering answers on all Immigration queries. I have a question on H1B renewal :

Current Scenario :

I was working for Employer A in US with H1B Expiration date of 9/15. I switched my Job to Employer B on 4/15. Employer B's H1B petition is valid till 3/18 (My I94 still shows expiration as 9/15). So my question is, Should my employer B file a H1 extension for me again? or if i travel after 9/15 to India, i should go for Stamping directly and my I94 will be changed to reflect 3/18?

Please let me know. Thanks in Advance!!

Originally posted by vallme2003 View Post
    Hi All,

First of all, would like to thank all the forum Members for offering answers on all Immigration queries. I have a question on H1B renewal :

Current Scenario :

I was working for Employer A in US with H1B Expiration date of 9/15. I switched my Job to Employer B on 4/15. Employer B's H1B petition is valid till 3/18 (My I94 still shows expiration as 9/15). So my question is, Should my employer B file a H1 extension for me again? or if i travel after 9/15 to India, i should go for Stamping directly and my I94 will be changed to reflect 3/18?

Please let me know. Thanks in Advance!!
    Didnt B's I797 Approval Notice have a new I-94 as its lower portion? Double check.

As and when you leave US, after 9/15, you have to go for fresh stamping while outside US, the new visa stamp would allow you re entry to US, as the POE you would be issues a new I-94 by the officer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Didnt B's I797 Approval Notice have a new I-94 as its lower portion? Double check.

As and when you leave US, after 9/15, you have to go for fresh stamping while outside US, the new visa stamp would allow you re entry to US, as the POE you would be issues a new I-94 by the officer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you for the quick reply Raghvi. Yes the I797 has the i94 with validity till 3/18. Cool!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X