Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Of Passport after taking an H4 Visa Interview appointment

Hi Veena,

I have been going through the posts here and I have found them really helpful. And Specially ur take on all kinds of queries has been really cool!! I also need ut advice Veena.

I got my H4 Visa interview appointment scheduled for 6th Jan 2006 on 25th Oct 2005 through the Online Application system. After that i got married on 17th Nov 2005. Now I have got my Maiden Name changed to my Married Name on my passport due to which my passport number has been changed.

Now the problem is that my Visa Application is with my Previous passport details which has been cancelled now. And Now if i try to get an interview appointment with my new Passport, then i will get the dates of May 2006 which i really dont want.
    Please guide me as to what shud be done now??
    Can I carry both the passports and the DS-156 form with the new passport details on it for the interview???

ur reply would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Meghs

You are supposed to make appointment with the current passport.However you can try pinning your old passport alongwith the new one and produce the proof of changing the name at the entrance and also explain this to the Visa Officer. You were not required to have your maiden name changed and get a new passport done with the spouse's name. H4 visas are even issued without the spouse endorsement.
    Last edited by veena_swsh; 12-28-2005, 05:57 AM.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hey Veena,

Thanx for ur reply......

I really wish that i would not have changed my name......but then now i have done it!!!
      1] Do you have any idea if some one was allowed to do so , I mean interview as per the schedule inspite of two passports??
      2] Have u come across any such case???
      3] Will they deny my interview appointment???

I am just worried that i dont wanna loose my interview appointment!!

Regards,
      Meghs

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X