Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Appointment Scheduling

Hi,

Can Some one help me in knowing the procedure of H1B Visa Appointment Scheduling

I have my petition start date with Oct 1st 2015 and I have scheduled Visa Appointment on June 8th. But I got to know only after that the appointment can be scheduled only 90 days before and not more than that. Is it true. Below is the one I got from Us travel doc site. But I called up the consulate customer service and they said we can book appointment any time and its only that we are allowed to travel only 10 days before the joining or employment start date. Could anyone help me clarify this one ? Its confusing on what should I do now.

"Please note that you can’t apply for H-1B visa earlier than 90 days before the petition start date listed on I-797 Approval Notice. Your H-1B start date listed on the I-797 is , which means you can’t apply for H-1B visa stamp before . Also note that once you obtain an H-1B visa stamp, you can’t enter the U.S. earlier than 10 days prior to the start date listed on the I-797 unless you are already working on an H1B visa for the same petitioner, which means you can’t enter the US on H-1B status before .

This information is provided on the US Consulate in India’s website. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-ge...asp#qlistgen10 See Q. 10 in the “FAQ - Work Visa” Section.
    Q.10 My H1B Employment Petition (USCIS Form I-797) shows an employment start date. How early can I apply for an H1B visa at the Consulate?
    You can apply for an H1B visa up to 90 days before the petition start date listed on the form I-797, Notice of Action. However, you cannot enter the US earlier than 10 days prior to the start date listed on the I-797 unless you are already working on an H1B visa for the same petitioner."

Originally posted by Amura View Post
    Hi,

Can Some one help me in knowing the procedure of H1B Visa Appointment Scheduling

I have my petition start date with Oct 1st 2015 and I have scheduled Visa Appointment on June 8th. But I got to know only after that the appointment can be scheduled only 90 days before and not more than that. Is it true. Below is the one I got from Us travel doc site. But I called up the consulate customer service and they said we can book appointment any time and its only that we are allowed to travel only 10 days before the joining or employment start date. Could anyone help me clarify this one ? Its confusing on what should I do now.

"Please note that you can’t apply for H-1B visa earlier than 90 days before the petition start date listed on I-797 Approval Notice. Your H-1B start date listed on the I-797 is , which means you can’t apply for H-1B visa stamp before . Also note that once you obtain an H-1B visa stamp, you can’t enter the U.S. earlier than 10 days prior to the start date listed on the I-797 unless you are already working on an H1B visa for the same petitioner, which means you can’t enter the US on H-1B status before .

This information is provided on the US Consulate in India’s website. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-ge...asp#qlistgen10 See Q. 10 in the “FAQ - Work Visa” Section.
    Q.10 My H1B Employment Petition (USCIS Form I-797) shows an employment start date. How early can I apply for an H1B visa at the Consulate?
    You can apply for an H1B visa up to 90 days before the petition start date listed on the form I-797, Notice of Action. However, you cannot enter the US earlier than 10 days prior to the start date listed on the I-797 unless you are already working on an H1B visa for the same petitioner."
    You should reschedule the appointment at a later date. Preferably July.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You should reschedule the appointment at a later date. Preferably July.

Thanks for the reply. But I have been said by Consulate Customer Service that there are no knobs on Visa appointment and I can schedule it anytime except flying in should be 10 days before the employment start date. I have to make appointment in June because of other personal reasons else joining employer on October in US would become difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Amura View Post
        Thanks for the reply. But I have been said by Consulate Customer Service that there are no knobs on Visa appointment and I can schedule it anytime except flying in should be 10 days before the employment start date. I have to make appointment in June because of other personal reasons else joining employer on October in US would become difficult.
        You have the word of a customer service rep against what you have read on the website. Choice is yours. If I were you I would go by what is written rather than what is said.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          You have the word of a customer service rep against what you have read on the website. Choice is yours. If I were you I would go by what is written rather than what is said.

Hi Again,

I found this one too in the website.

All applicants are processed as efficiently as possible and the U.S. Embassy or Consulate strives to keep the wait time for appointments as short as possible. That said, the earlier you book your appointment, the more likely you are to be able to get the interview date and time you want.

Nonimmigrant visa applicants are encouraged to apply at least three months in advance of the intended date of travel. Remember: Apply early!

The above says atleast three months in advance, which means 3 months in advance or even in advance. So I dont think it should be a problem ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X