Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 & H4 filed together - H1 approved but no status on H4 approvals

Hi All

My new employer had filed new H1 B for me (H1 transfer) & H4 extension for my two dependents ( wife & daughter) together in mid-March.

On https://egov.uscis.gov/ I can see that my petition got approved on 14th May (I am yet to receive physically approved petition)
    "On May 14, 2015, we approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC YYYY ZZZ, and emailed you an approval notice. Please follow any instructions on the approval notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

There was only one I539 form filled for both my wife & daughter.
    I had received receipt notice (I-797C) for my Wife but I didn't receive any receipt for my daughter who is 4 years old.
    Should there be a separate receipt for my daughter as well?

On checking the status of petition for my wife I see that it has not been approved yet
    "On March 13, 2015, we received your Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number WAC YYYY YYYY , and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by April 12, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Please let me know how to proceed from here. Whom do I need to follow up to get petition for my Wife & daughter approved?
    Thanks in advance

Originally posted by vikas_91 View Post
    Hi All

My new employer had filed new H1 B for me (H1 transfer) & H4 extension for my two dependents ( wife & daughter) together in mid-March.

On https://egov.uscis.gov/ I can see that my petition got approved on 14th May (I am yet to receive physically approved petition)
    "On May 14, 2015, we approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC YYYY ZZZ, and emailed you an approval notice. Please follow any instructions on the approval notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

There was only one I539 form filled for both my wife & daughter.
    I had received receipt notice (I-797C) for my Wife but I didn't receive any receipt for my daughter who is 4 years old.
    Should there be a separate receipt for my daughter as well?

On checking the status of petition for my wife I see that it has not been approved yet
    "On March 13, 2015, we received your Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number WAC YYYY YYYY , and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by April 12, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Please let me know how to proceed from here. Whom do I need to follow up to get petition for my Wife & daughter approved?
    Thanks in advance
    Did you all up the customer service number they provided? Check if you are eligible for an infopass appointment too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Did you all up the customer service number they provided? Check if you are eligible for an infopass appointment too.

Thanks Raghvi.
      I called customer care 1-800-375-5283 today and was informed that I will get only one receipt since there was only one I-539 form submitted for both my wife & daughter. So this part of query is resolved.

Do you know how much time it takes for Dependent H-4 extension approval? I-539 was received by USCIS on 13th March and the notice date on receipt shows as 16th March. I am the primary applicant and my new H1-B got approved last week on 14th May.
      I am assuming that H-4 extension should got approved a few days after my new H-1 B approval. Am I right?

Comment

Thanks Raghvi.
        I called customer care 1-800-375-5283 today and was informed that I will get only one receipt since there was only one I-539 form submitted for both my wife & daughter. So this part of query is resolved.

Do you know how much time it takes for Dependent H-4 extension approval? I-539 was received by USCIS on 13th March and the notice date on receipt shows as 16th March. I am the primary applicant and my new H1-B got approved last week on 14th May.
        I am assuming that H-4 extension should got approved a few days after my new H-1 B approval. Am I right?
        Your assumption is right but USCIS normally takes longer to process dependent extensions processed.

Comment

Similar situation - Help needed

We filed for a H1 to H4 COS for my wife in Mar'2015. The application was in process with no news. in the meanwhile, we had to apply for a H1B amendment due to a change in LCA for me in Aug' 2015 in premium processing. As part of this, we also filed for my wife's H4 extension. Once we filed this, we received a RFE for the H4 COS, details of which are awaited. I just received my I797 and I94 documents but my wife's H4 details are not included in this packet. What does this mean? What should we do?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ravi. Where did you call to get the information that your wife and daughter's H4 was not processed? I was checking on the website and called the 1-800 number but I did not get any information from them

Satish

Comment

I-539 - Child not received the approval notice and I-94

Thanks Raghvi.

Have you got a separate I-94/I-797 A for your daughter as part of this H4 Extension? I got a approval notice and I-94 for my wife but have not got the papers for my baby. Pls reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X