Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 pending for more than 7 months

Hi,

I applied H4 Change of status in Oct 2014 and still my case status is "My case is recieved". Its been more than 240 days/

For how long i can stay in USA with a H4 reciept ?

Can some one please answer my question ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by despforvisa View Post
    Hi,

I applied H4 Change of status in Oct 2014 and still my case status is "My case is recieved". Its been more than 240 days/

For how long i can stay in USA with a H4 reciept ?

Can some one please answer my question ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.
    You have already crossed 240 Days limit and are accumulating illegal presence. Contact USCIS immediately and take an infopass appointment.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You have already crossed 240 Days limit and are accumulating illegal presence. Contact USCIS immediately and take an infopass appointment.

Thank you for the reply. I checked with my attorney, he is saying that 240 days limit will be only for H1 and L1 not for their dependants . Is it correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by despforvisa View Post
        Thank you for the reply. I checked with my attorney, he is saying that 240 days limit will be only for H1 and L1 not for their dependants . Is it correct ?
        Please reply to me.

Thanks,
        Lakshmi Adepu.

Comment

Yes, seems 240 days is only for stopping work while awaiting L1/H1 extension decision, but you should still work with your lawyer to get a info pass appointment with USCIS and see whats going on 7 Months is too long a time.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            Yes, seems 240 days is only for stopping work while awaiting L1/H1 extension decision, but you should still work with your lawyer to get a info pass appointment with USCIS and see whats going on 7 Months is too long a time.

Thanks for your reply.yes I m working with my lawyer to get infopass appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X