Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 To H1B

Hi,
    I am working with company A and going to US on L1 in August 2015 for 6 months.
    Is there a way to get H1B from some other employer B ? Finding Job in US is not difficult for Me if VISA is not a hurdle .
    Can someone please guide me about how to get H1B ?

-digvijay-

Originally posted by digvijaynath View Post
    Hi,
    I am working with company A and going to US on L1 in August 2015 for 6 months.
    Is there a way to get H1B from some other employer B ? Finding Job in US is not difficult for Me if VISA is not a hurdle .
    Can someone please guide me about how to get H1B ?

-digvijay-
    If you never had H1 earlier, then you got to wait for H1 cap to be open.

H1B cap is filled for this year , the next cap will open only in April 2016 with an earliest date of being able to move to H1 be Oct 2016. Once in US on L1 you can try to find an employer to sponsor your H1 in April 2016.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If you never had H1 earlier, then you got to wait for H1 cap to be open.

H1B cap is filled for this year , the next cap will open only in April 2016 with an earliest date of being able to move to H1 be Oct 2016. Once in US on L1 you can try to find an employer to sponsor your H1 in April 2016.

Thanks Raghvi,
      I had never had H1 earlier.
      As per your advice I need to just find one sponsor and Joining would be OCT 2016 right ?
      It seems I need to wait for one year for joining new company even if I get this employer in OCT 2015 for sponsoring. Right ??

Please guide .

Digvijay.
      Last edited by digvijaynath; 05-23-2015, 04:05 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

The earliest date your sponsor would be able to apply for your H1 is April 2016, if you get selected, and approved by USCIS only then it will have a starting date of Oct 2016 or later.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          The earliest date your sponsor would be able to apply for your H1 is April 2016, if you get selected, and approved by USCIS only then it will have a starting date of Oct 2016 or later.

Thanks Raghvi.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X