• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extention and transfer

Hi all,

Please share your thoughts on my case.

My H1b visa (first 3 years) is valid till Sept 2015
    My employer has filed an extension on May 4th, and I am waiting for approval
    I have a planned vacation to India in July 2015

So, do you all think i can come back to US on my current visa with the I-797 approval notice and can get the I94 based on my extension approval notice , or do i need to get a visa stamping in India.

Please note, my existing visa (stamped in passport) is valid until Sept 2015

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by anusha.40406.dcse View Post
    Hi all,

Please share your thoughts on my case.

My H1b visa (first 3 years) is valid till Sept 2015
    My employer has filed an extension on May 4th, and I am waiting for approval
    I have a planned vacation to India in July 2015

So, do you all think i can come back to US on my current visa with the I-797 approval notice and can get the I94 based on my extension approval notice , or do i need to get a visa stamping in India.

Please note, my existing visa (stamped in passport) is valid until Sept 2015

Thanks in advance
    Nowadays its very rare of officers to give a I-94 beyond visa expiry/passport expiry date as the system has become online. So if you want to be absolutely sure of getting yourself an I-94 matching your latest petition, then you should get yourself a new visa by attending visa interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X