Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer from india without entering USA, Visa restamping is needed

Hi All

I got my H1B approved and stamping done in Company A at India. Visa is stamped till Sep 2016 .Since no project in Company A now to send me to US I applied with another company and they applied for new H1 petition and i got new I-797 approved till March 2018.

1)Do i need to go for restamping of the visa?

2)If restamping is no needed,then what would be the validity of I94?Will it be till Sep2016 or it would be March 2018 as per the new I-797?

Regards
    Robin

Originally posted by aryanrobin View Post
    Hi All

I got my H1B approved and stamping done in Company A at India. Visa is stamped till Sep 2016 .Since no project in Company A now to send me to US I applied with another company and they applied for new H1 petition and i got new I-797 approved till March 2018.

1)Do i need to go for restamping of the visa?

2)If restamping is no needed,then what would be the validity of I94?Will it be till Sep2016 or it would be March 2018 as per the new I-797?

Regards
    Robin
    1. Not necessary but is advisable due to 2 below.
    2. If you dont go for re stamping as and when you enter US you will most probably get I-94 only till Sept 2016/Passport expiry whichever is earlier. They no longer issue I94 as per petition but as per visa/passport expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X