No announcement yet.

H1B Approval on Oct 16, 2014 & Valid for 1 Year. Visa Yet to be Stamped URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Approval on Oct 16, 2014 & Valid for 1 Year. Visa Yet to be Stamped URGENT

Hi All;

Good Day!!

This is regards to the Response that I had submitted for the Second 221 G - Letter.

My Work Permit had been approved on 16th Oct 2014 with a Validity of only ONE YEAR till October 15, 2015. I had appeared for the Interview on 24th December 2014. I had been given a 221 G (Blue Color) Slip at that time. For which, after consulting with my Sponsor I had submitted the Response on 14th Jan 2015.

The Response was reviewed by the Consulate Team, I was again given one more 221 G, this time in White Color Slip. I received this on 19th Feb 2015. For which again I consulted with my Sponsor and submitted the Response on 03rd March 2015. On that Date I had received an Auto Acknowledgement from Chennai Consulate on the Receipt of the Responses that I had submitted.

It is now close to 3 Months time (after the submission date of Mar 03rd 2015), where in I haven't got any update from the Consulate Team. Last Month I raised an escalation during 17th Apr 2015. But till now there is no Response from the Consulate on the Same. Further I had a discussion with Senior Floor Member, Mr. Tarun on 20th of May 2015, and discussed on the status of my Work Permit Approval and he said that Currently the Status shows in the Website as Administrative Processing. He also understood that my Work Permit had been approved for just 1 Year, which is ending by October 15, 2015 and conveyed that he will speak to his senior members and raise a concern on the same. Its been already 7 Months Over now, but still I am yet to get my Visa Stamped.

Would request you to let me know, the possibility of the Visa getting stamped atleast before Sept 1st 2015 and What should I need to do, if in case, My Visa is not getting stamped on or before Oct 1st, 2015.

Also, let me know - What happens if my Visa is not getting stamped on or before Oct 1st, 2015.

Thanks and Regards;
    Madavan Anandhapadmanaban

Originally posted by anandhapm View Post
    Hi All;

Good Day!!

This is regards to the Response that I had submitted for the Second 221 G - Letter.

My Work Permit had been approved on 16th Oct 2014 with a Validity of only ONE YEAR till October 15, 2015. I had appeared for the Interview on 24th December 2014. I had been given a 221 G (Blue Color) Slip at that time. For which, after consulting with my Sponsor I had submitted the Response on 14th Jan 2015.

The Response was reviewed by the Consulate Team, I was again given one more 221 G, this time in White Color Slip. I received this on 19th Feb 2015. For which again I consulted with my Sponsor and submitted the Response on 03rd March 2015. On that Date I had received an Auto Acknowledgement from Chennai Consulate on the Receipt of the Responses that I had submitted.

It is now close to 3 Months time (after the submission date of Mar 03rd 2015), where in I haven't got any update from the Consulate Team. Last Month I raised an escalation during 17th Apr 2015. But till now there is no Response from the Consulate on the Same. Further I had a discussion with Senior Floor Member, Mr. Tarun on 20th of May 2015, and discussed on the status of my Work Permit Approval and he said that Currently the Status shows in the Website as Administrative Processing. He also understood that my Work Permit had been approved for just 1 Year, which is ending by October 15, 2015 and conveyed that he will speak to his senior members and raise a concern on the same. Its been already 7 Months Over now, but still I am yet to get my Visa Stamped.

Would request you to let me know, the possibility of the Visa getting stamped atleast before Sept 1st 2015 and What should I need to do, if in case, My Visa is not getting stamped on or before Oct 1st, 2015.

Also, let me know - What happens if my Visa is not getting stamped on or before Oct 1st, 2015.

Thanks and Regards;
    Madavan Anandhapadmanaban
    One would need to see the type of evidences that have been requested and the responses that you have submitted to ascertain what could be taking so long. But there is not much you can do beyond furnishing the required documents and waiting a response.

If you do not get the visa stamped before 01-Oct-2015 your employer would have to file a petition extension and once the petition extension is approved they would get a new I797 using which you can use subsequently to schedule interview later on.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      One would need to see the type of evidences that have been requested and the responses that you have submitted to ascertain what could be taking so long. But there is not much you can do beyond furnishing the required documents and waiting a response.

If you do not get the visa stamped before 01-Oct-2015 your employer would have to file a petition extension and once the petition extension is approved they would get a new I797 using which you can use subsequently to schedule interview later on.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi;

The Consulate had requested for Project Schedule of Work Details in both of the 221 Gs. Which I had submitted to them, after consulting with the Sponsorer.

The Only Difference is in the Color of the 221G Slip, First Time they gave me a Blue Slip on Dec 24, 2014 and Second Time they Gave a White Slip on 19th Feb 2015.

Please Guide Me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X