Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer to New Employer

Hi All,

I am currently working with Employer A and my visa is expiring on June 9th. I already filed for an extension under regular processing. Now, I got a Job offer and my new employer is ready to transfer my Visa. Is that possible to transfer the visa even there is a extension currently in progress with current employer?

Also, Premium processing is suspended for next 2 months. Will USCIS will process the transfer in Premium at this point of time.

Please help

Thanks....

H1B Transfer to New Employer--Urgent advice needed

Hi All,

I am currently working with Employer A and my visa is expiring on June 9th. I already filed for an extension under regular processing. Now, I got a Job offer and my new employer is ready to transfer my Visa. Is that possible to transfer the visa even there is a extension currently in progress with current employer?

Also, Premium processing is suspended for next 2 months. Will USCIS will process the transfer in Premium at this point of time.

Please help

Thanks....[/QUOTE]

Comment

Transfer is possible. However, your new employer will not be able to file the transfer prior to your current I-94 expiry date (June 9th) so that transfer will need to be filed as a bridge petition based on your pending extension. In such case, it is not advisable to start working for the new employer based on the receipt notice. It is better you wait for the transfer to get approved and then begin working for the new employer. Premium processing is suspended for 2 months. Transfer can be filed only under regular processing.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X